Custom Cabinet Estimator-ONLINE 7.011
From: $69.95 / month
ATTENTION: This is the ONLINE Version.
There are two distinct versions of Custom Cabinet Estimator:
First there is a DESKTOP version that you pay for once (no recurring fees of any kind) and install on your PC.
NOTE: there is an additional cost if a new version is developed, and you want to update to that new version, typically these new versions are offered to existing users for 40% off the selling price of the new version, but these new versions are optional, you only purchase them if you see value in the new features added. New versions do not happen often, typically its been 3 to 5 years between versions (the current version 7 was released in 2018, and there have been 2 no-cost updates since then). Version 8 is still a ways out (we have a list, but no planned execution time-frame).
Then there is this ONLINE version that we host on our servers (a Cloud version), for this version you pay a one-time setup fee, then a recurring (monthly fee) for having it hosted in the “Cloud”. There is no long term commitment, simply a month to month plan, so if you decide you no longer want or need Custom Cabinet Estimator, you can cancel your subscription at any time.
The advantages of this online version are:
- Login from any Computer (PC or MAC) that has Internet access using your favorite browser (I prefer Chrome, but they all work)
- Login from your iPad or iPhone using FileMaker Go (I would not want to have to create and Estimate or Proposal using an iPhone, but by using a stylus, it’s possible, and it is really convenient to be able to check or change something)
- Multiple users can log in at the same time (true server level file locking) at no additional cost if you use a browser to access the program ($20.00 additional per month per concurrent user if you want to use FileMaker Pro)
- One surprising advantage that did not occur to me while developing this solution is that many of my Online Version users like to outsource their price updates and adding/editing additional items to me (I can’t do that with the desktop version)
- Some users outsource some of their Estimates and Proposals to me (I really enjoy doing these projects as they keep my profound knowledge of the entire process fresh). I do insist that they own and use my companion app (World Domination Custom Cabinetry app) to keep the communication channel open and clear (the structure helps me know what they know)
Free support for this software is provided in the form of Video Tutorials. All other support is billed on an hourly basis, and must be scheduled in advance. You can schedule one-on-one support/consulting here.
Estimating Software for Custom Cabinetmakers.
If you want the ability to build accurate estimates and proposals, without the need to draw your project first, Custom Cabinet Estimator is the estimating solution you have been searching for.
The process of building your Estimate and/or Proposal is treated like an interview, with lots of reminders and visual indicators that help you include everything needed. The process is quick and simple, you need to know the linear footage of each cabinet type (i.e., Base, Upper, Tall and Vanity), the number of each cabinet configuration (i.e., Drawer over Pair, Drawer over Single, 3 Drawer Stack, 4 Drawer Stack, False Front over Pair, etc.), all the material selections (i.e., Door Style, Wood Specie, Finish Process. etc.) and all your trim, molding and accessory selections.
Custom Cabinet Estimator accounts for all your materials (outsourced or manufactured in-house), all of your finish material and labor, right down to the number of sides you plan to finish, functional and decorative hardware and any functional accessories you can make or purchase. Custom Cabinet Estimator also provides the structure to account for sales efforts, design labor, delivery, overhead and PROFIT.
When you estimate your projects using Custom Cabinet Estimator, you can rest assured that you have covered all your bases, and hand over or send out those Estimates and Proposals with confidence that you will make money now and in the future. The software comes pre-loaded with hundreds of items (Doors, Drawers, Materials, Accessories, Trim, Molding, etc.) and suggested pricing (you will need to adjust for your actual material costs, labor rates and overhead).
7.011 Online NEW USER, 7.011 Online Upgrade, 7.011 Online GoodProfitGroupMember